chic adj : elegant and stylish; "chic elegance"; "a smart new dress"; "a suit of voguish cut" [syn: smart, voguish] n : elegance by virtue of being fashionable [syn: chicness, modishness, smartness, stylishness, swank, last word]
- , /ʃiːk/, /Si:k/
- Rhymes with: -iːk
- Finnish: tyylikäs, elegantti
- German: schick
- Ido: chika
- Spanish: chic, elegante
- Good form; style.
- The noun chic is very often used with an attributive noun or adjective modifier, indicating the kind of style; hence "heroin chic", "boho-chic", "shabby chic", and so on.
good form; style
- German: Chic
Chic may refer to:
- Chic (style), chic meaning stylish or smart
- Chic (band), a United States band popular in the disco era
- Chic (album), the 1977 debut album of the band Chic.
- CHIC (electronics), a modular verifier for behavioral compatibility checking of hardware and software systems.
- Chic Magazine, a pornographic magazine
- The former call sign of two Canadian radio stations now known as CIAO and CFNY
braw, classy, clothes-conscious, clothes-consciousness, cosmopolitan, coxcombry, craze, cry, dandyism, dapper, dashing, dressed to advantage, dressed to kill, dressed up, elegance, elegant, en grande tenue, endimanche, exclusive, exquisite, fad, fashion, fashionable, foppery, foppishness, furore, genteel, good taste, gussied up, in full dress, in full feather, in high feather, in tails, jauntiness, jaunty, mode, modish, modishness, nattiness, natty, neat, neatness, nifty, nobby, posh, rage, recherche, ritzy, sharp, sharpness, sleek, sleekness, slicked up, smart, smartness, smug, snazzy, soigne, soignee, sophisticated, spiffiness, spiffy, spruce, style, style-conscious, stylish, stylishness, swank, swanky, swell, swish, tasteful, tastefulness, trendy, tricksy, trig, trim, trimness, vogue, well turned-out, well-dressed, well-groomed, with-it